Call for Abstracts
Submission Deadline: July 17, 2023 by 5 PM EST
You are invited to submit abstracts of your original research to be considered for presentation at the 21st Annual Meeting of the Androgen Excess & Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Society (AE-PCOS Society).
All abstracts will be reviewed by a blinded scientific committee nominated by AE-PCOS Annual Meeting Committee.
Instructions for Submission of Abstracts
Please read the following guidelines thoroughly before preparing your abstract. The Annual Meeting Scientific Committee of the AE-PCOS will not consider abstracts that have not been prepared in accordance with these instructions.
All abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract form below.
Abstracts should include original work that has not been published elsewhere. Submission of an abstract assumes the approval of the author and all co-author(s) to have their abstract published in the Meeting Program book, available to download for meeting attendees. Copyright of accepted abstracts will automatically be assigned to the AE-PCOS Society, Inc.
Submitting your Abstract
- The abstract should be as informative as possible.
- If accepted, your abstract will appear in the online Meeting Program book exactly as submitted.
- The AE-PCOS Society reserves the right to decide on the form of presentation (oral or poster).
- The first author of the abstract will usually be the presenter, and the presenter will be registered for 21st Annual Meeting of the AE-PCOS Society to be held in person in Rotterdam, The Netherlands (please register through meeting link on this website). Presenters must be present in person as there will not be an option for remote presentation.
- The abstract text may have up to 2500 characters
- Do not include title or authors within the abstract body text.
- Do not include image files or tables in your abstract text.
- Special and scientific characters may be included
- Spaces are not counted in the character total.
5. The abstract body should include the four sections listed below. Section headings must be in upper case, followed by a colon.
OBJECTIVE: Include an introductory sentence and state the purpose of the study.
METHODS: Describe materials/methods and applicable statistical analysis.
RESULTS: Report the unpublished data/findings.
CONCLUSIONS: Interpret the result in the broader context of the field and state potential implications. This may also include a statement on perceived impact and relevance.
- Use font Times Roman 11
- Use single space
- The title field should be written in ALL CAPS AND BOLD
- Authors should be listed as follows: Last name, first/middle name initial(s). Affiliation key should follow each name in parentheses [e.g. Smith JG (1), Jones EB(2)]
- Affiliations are listed in a separate field and should include department/division, institution, city, state or province, and country. Each affiliation should be preceded by a corresponding author key, please use a new line for each key and a semicolon at the end of each line.
Example: (1) Dept. of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA;
(2) Dept. of Ob/Gyn, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA;
- Funding sources should be acknowledged at the end of the abstract body, in parentheses.
Please refer to the special instructions above for formatting requirements on the affiliation of each author and the author's name.
Please refer to point 5 of Submitting Your Abstract for the abstract requirements.
(An Early Career Investigator is less than 5 years post completed training)
By submitting this form, I agree that I have read and understand the AE-PCOS Society abstract submission guidelines for 21st Annual Meeting of AE-PCOS Society, October 5-7, 2023, and if accepted, I will present the abstract in the required form (oral communication or poster). I confirm that the abstract submitted has not be published or presented elsewhere in substantially the same form. I also certify that all authors listed have approved the submission of the abstract and its publication in the Meeting Program and proceedings and understand that copyright of the accepted abstracts will automatically be assigned to the AE-PCOS Society.