Call for Abstracts
Submission Deadline: September 20, 2021 by 12:00 AM (24:00 EST)
You are invited to submit abstracts of your original research to be considered for presentation at the 19th Annual Meeting of the Androgen Excess & Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Society (AE-PCOS Society).
To be considered for presentation your abstract must be submitted no later than September 20th, 2021 by 12:00 am (24:00 EST).
All abstracts will be reviewed by a blinded scientific committee nominated by AE-PCOS Annual Meeting Committee.
Instructions for Submission of Abstracts
Please read the following guidelines thoroughly before preparing your abstract. The Annual Meeting Scientific Committee of the AE-PCOS will not consider abstracts that have not been prepared in accordance with these instructions.
All abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract forms below.
Abstracts will be accepted with the understanding that the work has not been published elsewhere. Submission of an abstract assumes the approval of the author and all co-author(s) to have their abstract published in the Meeting Program book, available to download for meeting attendees. Copyright of accepted abstracts will automatically be assigned to the AE-PCOS Society, Inc.
Submitting your Abstract
- The abstract should be as informative as possible.
- If accepted, your abstract will appear in the online Meeting Program book exactly as submitted.
- The AE-PCOS Society reserves the right to decide on the form of presentation (oral or poster) in the interests of the scientific program.
- It is understood that the first author of the abstract will serve as the presenter, and that the presenter will be registered for Virtual Annual Meeting of the AE-PCOS Society (please register through meeting link on this website).
- The abstract text may have up to 2700 characters
- Do not include title or authors within the abstract body text.
- Do not include image files or tables in your abstract text.
- Special and scientific characters may be included
- Spaces are not counted in the character total.
5. The abstract body is required to follow a format that includes the four specific sections listed. Section headings must be in upper case, followed by a colon.
OBJECTIVE: Include an introductory sentence and state the purpose of the study.
METHODS: Describe material/method and applicable statistical analysis.
RESULTS: Report the previously unpublished data/findings.
CONCLUSIONS: Interpret the result in the broader context of the field and state potential implications. This may also include a statement on perceived impact and relevance.
- Use font Times Roman 11
- Use single space
- The title field should be written in ALL CAPS AND BOLD
- Authors are named in their own field and should be listed as follows: Last name, first/middle name initial(s). Affiliation key should follow each name in parentheses [e.g. Smith JG (1), Jones EB(2)]
- Affiliations are listed in a separate field and should note department/division, institution, city, state or province, and country. Each affiliation should be preceded by a corresponding author key, please use a new line for each key and a semicolon at the end of each line.
Example: (1) Dept. of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD, USA;
(2) Dept. of Ob/Gyn, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA;
- Please limit your abstract to 2700 characters
- Funding sources should be acknowledged at the end of the abstract body, in parentheses.
Please refer to the special instructions above for formatting requirements on the affiliation of each author and the author's name.
Please refer to point 6 of Submitting Your Abstract for the abstract requirements.
(An Early Career Investigator is less than 5 years post completed training)
By submitting this form, I agree that I have read and understand the AE-PCOS Society abstract submission guidelines for 14th Annual Meeting of AE-PCOS Society, November 12-14, 2021, and if accepted, I will present the abstract in the required form (oral communication or poster). I confirm that the abstract submitted has not be published or presented elsewhere in substantially the same form. I also certify that all authors listed have approved the submission of the abstract and its publication in the Meeting Program and proceedings and understand that copyright of the accepted abstracts will automatically be assigned to the AE-PCOS Society.